Monday, August 8, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

OK, so it's been awhile since I blogged about anything. I actually had a list in my mind of what I wanted to write about, but things got kind of crazy, as they always do. One of the things I wanted to write about was how much I love being a mother and how much my kids amaze me every day. It seems, however, that whenever things in our lives become comfortable, something changes.

I still love being a mother... at times. Lately, though, my kids have been driving me CRAZY!!! I don't want to rant about it, but suffice it to say that some days I hear the word "Mom" so many times that I'm tempted to change my name. "Mom, I want something else to eat," "Mommy, the game!!!" "Mom, I want to play MarioKart," "Mom, can we go swimming?" "Hey, mom!" "Mom, I want to watch TV," "Mommy, I need your help," "Mommy the dog is biting me!!" "Mom, [R] pushed me!" "Mom, I don't like her smell," (referring to the puppy). Don't even get me started on the whining. Oh, the whining! OK, that's enough of that.

As if the whiny kids weren't enough, we decided to get a new puppy. We love her to death, but caring for her just adds one more layer of stress to my life and one more "person" who needs something from me at the most inconvenient times. That said, she is super cute and seems very smart. Our biggest problem with her is she is very mouthy when she plays (she's a puppy, duh) and nips at the kids frequently. The cats aren't too thrilled with her presence, but they're slowly getting used to each other. The puppy is an English Springer Spaniel and we named her Maggie. Actually, the breeder named her Maggie and we liked the name so much, we decided to keep it. It fits her well, don't you think?



Finally, on a mostly unrelated note, I want to say how grateful I am for people who love unconditionally. I am so thankful for the Atonement of my Savior that will allow me to be together with my family for eternity, despite my mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Maggie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww your puppy is so cute! Those are some really good pictures. Even though our puppy is now more like 1 1/2 years old and is still a relatively small/medium size and most people will always think she looks like a puppy I keep seeing friends' puppies and wanting another one. Just like many women have a weakness for babies, I have a weakness for puppies.

    ReplyDelete